Leica New Leica Mini M

+1 on Dave's comment. A Leica version of the RX1 would be a show stopper. If it doesn't come now, we will have to wait another few years before those crazy folks in Solms dream it up.

Who needs to dream? It's already a reality.

Leica fixed-lens 35 and/or 50mm FF cameras would be amazing (and expensive), but they might fear that people opt for those over the M.

A Leica version of the RX1 would "stop the show" for only the relatively few people who can afford a $6000 fixed lens camera -- because I'm sure that's what it would cost.

I must tell you that my show would in fact go on uninterrupted, lol.

a leica version of the rx1 using a 50mm summicron and the m monochrom sensor would have me selling a bunch of stuff to buy. perfect companion to my rx1.

there seems to be a growing consensus that it's the same 16+mp aps-c sensor as in the x2 with a slow zoom lens, but bigger and heavier than the current x2 line. clunky.

Slower zoom, less zoom range, priced three times higher with an EVF included, no interchangeable lens mount, inferior DR and high iso. But it has a red dot and is "made in Germany". I assume Sony has already a superior successor for the slightly outdated 16MP sensor it sells Leica for the X2 and the Mini in the works which it will use in the new Nex(t) generation of aps-c sensor compacts.
Leica D-Lux 6, V-Lux 40, Leica "mini", do I see a pattern here?

OMG This camera is so awesome, it handles fantastically and the IQ is out of this world. I've pre-ordered it at Amazon, B&H and Adorama

OMG This camera is absolute crap, it handles badly and the IQ is mediocre. No-one in their right mind would buy this camera.

there seems to be a growing consensus that it's the same 16+mp aps-c sensor as in the x2

That might be a shame as it's implementation in the X2 appears to produce poorer results than the X1 especially at base ISO.
That's one reason why I've kept my X1.

No surprise:

977947_615467755131264_2026163155_o.jpg

Back