Leica New Leica Mini M

Wow, its an X2 with a permanent kit lens. I'll echo what those above have said - what a disappointment...if it was a f2.8-f3.5 or something like the Digilux 3 it would perhaps be somewhat interesting.

I'm certainly not getting one, but I would assume that all those who continue to wax poetic about the Digilux 2 should be quite pleased. It is (to me at least) very reminiscent of that design, except that IQ should be miles ahead.

Having said that, I really would have been pleased with an APS-C sensor body with focus peaking, that took M-mount lenses.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
f 6.4 at the long end. Really? This can`t be true. And I thought Leicaphiles are obsessed with thin DOF. F 6.4 at the 70m equiv. focal length, isn`t this almost were diffraction starts to kick in:eek: And the icing on the cake is the ok 16 MP last generation Sony sensor. Not a bad one for sure, but neither is it a great one. And everything at a true bargain price. The Fuji XE1 with the 18-55mm f2.8-4 zoom can be had for USD 1100.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
f 6.4 at the long end. Really? This can`t be true. And I thought Leicaphiles are obsessed with thin DOF. F 6.4 at the 70m equiv. focal length, isn`t this almost were diffraction starts to kick in:eek: And the icing on the cake is the ok 16 MP last generation Sony sensor. Not a bad one for sure, but neither is it a great one. And everything at a true bargain price. The Fuji XE1 with the 18-55mm f2.8-4 zoom can be had for USD 1100.

I'd much rather get the fuji

Well the Fuji X20 has the 35mm equivalents on the zoom ring, so maybe that's what is going on.

What are they thinking? f3.5-6.4 might cut it on a kit lens for an interchangeable lens system, but as a lens glued to a $4000 camera???

(Scratches head in disbelief)

I'm hoping that photo is a fake. A multi-thousand dollar camera with a slow kit lens is just plain disappointing. What market are they targeting, well-heeled Moms With Cameras?

They could ditch and revamp the X2, give it a Fuji-style 35mm f2 lens, but optimized for wide open shooting. Make it fast and responsive and it would give them something more to offer than Leica cachet.

Leica are a bunch of dumbasses.

Before they released the latest M240, they described the new M as being built as a filmmaker's tool and how it was going to produce amazing filmmaking images with an excellent video function. But they missed the boat with this one, in hindsight it was like they didn't even consult filmmakers or video content producers about what they needed.

Leica are a bunch of dumbasses.

Before they released the latest M240, they described the new M as being built as a filmmaker's tool and how it was going to produce amazing filmmaking images with an excellent video function. But they missed the boat with this one, in hindsight it was like they didn't even consult filmmakers or video content producers about what they needed.

[video=youtube;IPTfwW89UIY]

Back