Apple New iPhone

If anyone would like to give away their iPad, please let me know - I'll even pay for shipping!:D:026:

For anyone who has been around these forums long enough the beating the dead horse emoticon is because I've dithered about buying one for years - and still haven't. Alway seem to find more important things to spend the $$ on.

What can I say about texting - it's quite handy sometimes, especially if you're undercover and the bad guys are closing in...and complete silence is needed but you have to communicate.;) However, on a serious note during the tsunami texting was the only way many in Tokyo could communicate... And during 9/11 in NYC, email was the only way I could communicate with my brother in NYC... I didn't have a phone that I could easily text with then...and frankly probably didn't even know how to back then. Texting does have its important and worthwhile aspects, though I agree that it can be a pain in the neck and annoying for at times.

P.S. I'm laughing at the Alan Rickman bit!

...if they ever make one that has an integrated talk to text user interface so that I can talk on my phone to send text messages and text messages will be read to me...

My Galaxy Note does that, as did my Nokia E71 - over five years ago ;) If I enable the interface (2x button press, or tap the case twice, or simply say "Hello Galaxy") my little Vade Mecum acknowledges me with the words "How may I assist you, Sir?" :D

Sent from another Galaxy

Alan Rickman, James Earl Jones, Leonard Nimoy, good voices. As for a phone I have a Galaxy S4 I just got after sitting on the original Motorola Droid for some 4 years. I don't upgrade unless I have to. The Droid died and when I did go shopping the Galaxy had better specs. than the current iphone which did not impress. Good sized screen too.

I truly can't foresee the day when I will get excited about a telephone (even one with a built-in computer and camera). And I will always pay as little as possible for one.

And contrary to Eliot's point...if they ever make one that has an integrated talk to text user interface so that I can talk on my phone to send text messages and text messages will be read to me in my choice of the following voices (Sir John Gielgud, Mr. T, Sean Connery, James Earl Jones, Halle Berry {really just so I can imagine that she is whispering in my ear}, Elmer Fudd and Miss Teen South Carolina 2007:eek:), I might actually lift my ban on smart phones.

Frankly a phone where I need a typewriter built-in is anything but smart.

I may be a hermit, but I'd rather spend 10 second talking to you on a phone than a minute typing out what I want to say.

Luke... How could you not include Samuel L Jackson in that list?!?!

Hilarious parody about the new iPhone! Warning -- partially bleeped out profanity. Pretty funny stuff though!!

DYING!!!!!!!!!

Hilaaaaarious!

Now that I think about it, what keeps me with the iPhone is that it's tied into my iTunes iMessage thing. Only two people actually text me via my cell number. Everyone else is via my email addy for texting. And I love that. Tho, really,... So long as everyone ELSE sticks to iPhones, I guess I can switch and still just text via my iPad. But then why have a phone?! Ugh. I hate phones. Where's the brain implant tech I require!
*clap clap!*
So let it be written
So let it be done!

DYING!!!!!!!!!

Hilaaaaarious!

Now that I think about it, what keeps me with the iPhone is that it's tied into my iTunes iMessage thing. Only two people actually text me via my cell number. Everyone else is via my email addy for texting. And I love that. Tho, really,... So long as everyone ELSE sticks to iPhones, I guess I can switch and still just text via my iPad. But then why have a phone?! Ugh. I hate phones. Where's the brain implant tech I require!
*clap clap!*
So let it be written
So let it be done!

All my music in iTunes is one of the main reasons why I will likely be stuck forever in the Apple world now. I used to be a Windows guy. But now I'm Apple all the way from iMac, MBA, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV ... enslaved ...

I was too. I got out, by jailbreaking the DRM on my music and loading it all onto Google - about a solid eight weeks worth. Now, I drive around with my 'phone connected to my car audio via Bluetooth and stream all my tunes from cloud storage. I have recently added all the music I have bought over the years for myself and others from Amazon via Autorip.

Apples are not the only fruit ;)

Sent from another Galaxy

I'd just rather stay on Apple and have it all work. I'm so over jail breaking and playing around inside OSes. Used to do that in the 90s. No interest (or time) any more.

DRM isn't an OS, it's "Digital Rights Management" (encryption). Apple used to use it to prevent you playing your music that you had paid for on non- Apple devices. They are not allowed to do that now, but I had about 300 songs from when they did.

Sent from another Galaxy

I strip DRM right away but I still use my Apple gear. My music has all been bought from elsewhere, theres no rule that says you can only use iTUnes for music and vids you buy from the iTunes store. I have a perfectly good 4S and have decided to stick with it for now. I'll revisit that decision when the 6 is released (and will likely get a 5S about then)

Free iPhone 4 last April. I'm hardly a power User so it suits me just fine. The new Windows phone looked neat, but the one I wanted was 199. Free is a very attractive price.

Back