New "Game" Idea

Otto

Regular
I was reading all of the SIJ How's It Going threads and came up with this idea. How about a "challenge" where we post the images we've shot during the previous week on a particular day of the month, with a maximum of seven photos posted? They could all be shot the same day, or over the entire week period such as one a day etc., but with only seven of the images posted regardless. Perhaps the posting dates could be the 8th, 15th, 21st and 29th, with the exception being the 1st of the month following for February. Perhaps, again, using a particular camera, or set of gear, etc. for the challenge. This way we could find the inspiration to go out and "shoot til it hurts", and have all your entries for the week done, or you could break it up any way that satisfies your method, or time availability.

Anyway, just a jumble of thoughts that might turn into something viable, if there is any interest in something like this.

This idea has much merit in it, for example if a photo shoot involves traveling some distance, only being able to post one shot for that day might mean other good work has to be "lost" since it might not be possible to return on another day for any one of several reasons. Also people who are not able to devote time every day to photography would be catered for using this idea. I'm fortunate to be able to devote time every day to participate in the ongoing SIJ, I take my hat off to those doing it who have work or family commitments, this idea would ease the situation for them.

Barrie

Back