Mysore India - Nikon D810

Awesome! I mostly prefer the characteristics of the DF for most of my shooting, but the higher res Nikons have a different, but also amazing appeal. I've thought of adding another higher res - higher DR body at some point. I haven't done it yet and may or may not. But posts like this sure make me think hard about doing it!

Just looked at the Flickr set - the whole set is incredible and there are a few really epic shots. Great work!

-Ray

Last edited:
Thank you so much guys :) that 810 / Sigma ART combo is a monster for detail when you ramp up the sharpness in LR

When I am in India I prefer to walk around the backstreets than the tourist stuff - this shot below sums up the real India for me

21302078098_172c6e6b6b_k.jpg
Bangalore India
by Shane Hicks, on Flickr
This and the back alley shot of people getting water from a hand pump were my two favorites of the set - really strong street images.

-Ray

Stunning images, love the processing. I think my favourite is one you havent posted here, the bunch of colourful somethings over a man's shoulder. Its beautiful. I don't know much about the ART lenses, I've seen them advertised, seems like they work really well with the D810 :)

There are so much details in these pictures. Yesterday, I opened your post for the first time on my 27" iMac and was totally blown away!! I could clearly see the minutest architectural details on that first building - things I've just glazed over before (on smaller monitors). Screen size and resolution does really make a difference for the viewing experience.
Lovely images all round!
One other thing that surprised me was the field of view of the 50mm lens. I've never used a digital 'full-frame' before, so am accustomed to the narrower field on APS-C and M43. Now I understand why the 50s were so popular in films day (yes, I'm a total photography novice).

I find the oversharpened look of the images to be a bit unsettling, but I assume that that effect could easily be dialed down during processing if desired. Anyhow, love the content of the images; they provide a window into a different world from my own.

Wow, marvellous images .. well done

The D810 really captures details ...... in the right hands of course

did you just used LR to process them or did you venture into any other photo apps?

Back