Fuji My X-Pro2 Review

This week's story is a curated selection of images shot with the X-Pro1, X-Pro2 and X-T1.

"By the Sea" is a study of the world between aqua and terra firma, and how people reside there.

I also share a few tips on working in a harsh environment and getting the best out of high dynamic range images

I hope you enjoy the read...

Fujifilm X: By the Sea

It was a bit of a 'what the hell am I going to write about this time' week, then I thought how about some shots with the new glass*

Sometimes I miss the X-Pro1, it was a lot easier to write about! "People say the X-Pro1 is a bit pants, but it's not" is a lot easier than 'people say the X-Pro2 is really quite good and it really is quite good' :D

I like most when I prattle on about something, end up realising it's like 4000 words, split it into 3 or 4 bits and have a break for a bit, but I haven't managed that for a while

And yes I'm delighted with the trinity, well the 56 turns the XP2 into quite a big rig and it's a bit front heavy (even with the grip) and the 23 intrudes a bit much into the OVF, but all of this is forgotten when I see the images they're (occasionally in my hands) able to make!

I still think Fuji broke the mold with the 35f1.4, small, light, fast aperture and optically true. They've got better lenses that are bigger and slower lenses that are smaller, but that 35 is some sort of goldilocks zone for me!

(*incidently posts just about cameras and lenses are generally way more read than posts about images shot with cameras and lenses - but pleasingly this hasn't been the case with this one)

Due to a mix up - Fujifilm lent me the XF56APD (it was supposed to be the 50/F2 WR)

I'd tested and loved this lens before - but ended up getting the XF56R

Last time I wasn't able to compare the two Fifty Sixes, but now (for a limited time) I have both of them!

So, let the three part comparison begin - Addendum: The XF56 APD Vs The XF56R Part One

Addendum: The XF56 APD Vs The XF56R Part One

In a few places on the internet there's been a conversation running about the so-called more pleasing look to the X-Pro1 files.

So I wanted to revisit some of my X-Pro1 shots and see just how they looked after a year of not owning and shooting the camera.

So what did I think?

The X-Pro1: Revisited (Kinda)

Back