Fuji My X-Pro2 Review

Photography is about 3 (monochrome sensors) or 4 (color sensors) things:
- number of photons collected
- angle at which the photon travels from the object it reflects off, to the sensor;
- sensor efficiency; and (for color)
- color filter array.

There is not a single image in the history of photography that couldn't have been achieved with a different sensor format and correspondingly different lens (provided that those sensor formats and lenses existed, ofcourse).

Another x-pro2 one

Not Afraid of the Rain]
41840466905_a3a53375f5_k.jpg
Not Afraid of the Rain[/URL] by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Great job as usual. I can see where people might think you are down on the Pro2. But when one dedicates a weekly blog to a single camera, a lot of comparisons are going to be made. You've done a fantastic job showing all aspects of the X-Pro2. To the point, that for me, reading your article while having my coffee has become a Sunday morning tradition.

Great job as usual. I can see where people might think you are down on the Pro2. But when one dedicates a weekly blog to a single camera, a lot of comparisons are going to be made. You've done a fantastic job showing all aspects of the X-Pro2. To the point, that for me, reading your article while having my coffee has become a Sunday morning tradition.

Thank you very, very much Bobby

I guess the time difference helps there, some weeks I don’t get round to ‘go live’ until my lunch time. :D

It can be quite hard to think of something each week... some articles I know won’t be that that popular (sadly it’s the photo stories ones) but I generally get an idea each week

Yes, the time difference does help with the timing of the coffee :D

I must be in the minority as I enjoy the photo stories as much, or more, as the other articles. Coming up with something each week has to be difficult. Kudos to you for not only pulling that off, but keeping it interesting.

Yes, the time difference does help with the timing of the coffee :D

I must be in the minority as I enjoy the photo stories as much, or more, as the other articles. Coming up with something each week has to be difficult. Kudos to you for not only pulling that off, but keeping it interesting.

Thank you again

I genuinely enjoy using the cameras, and my life is such that all i do really is take pictures (I don’t work in a conventional sense) so i ought to be able to document something each week

Love the photo story this week. This is now one of my favorite sets of images of yours.

I've been in the ocean shooting a hurricane rolling in with heavy rain with the X-Pro2/50-140. So I can attest to how well the weather sealing works. Weather sealing is very nice to have when it is needed.

Adam, I do have an old trick for using lenses which are not weather sealed on a body that is. You can put a large rubber o ring on the base of the lens before mounting it to the body. Then roll it down to mounting surface. That provides a good amount of protection at the area water or dust is most likely to enter the camera.

Adam, I do have an old trick for using lenses which are not weather sealed on a body that is. You can put a large rubber o ring on the base of the lens before mounting it to the body. Then roll it down to mounting surface. That provides a good amount of protection at the area water or dust is most likely to enter the camera.

That's a very good idea Bobby, thank you

Some lovely images..... always sorely tempted to switch horses when I see your Fuji pics :)

Thank you very much, that’s a nice compliment. It is of course us that really makes the picture, not the camera :)

I did own the X Pro 2 and 56mm 1.2 for a while.... Fuji X Pro 2 but decided to go back to full frame :rolleyes:

A quick browse of your Flickr seems to indicate that you have an M240?

I also have an M9 as well as the Fujis.

For me it’s horses for courses, but of course the Fuji and the M are very different to use

Back