1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My Travel Combo: 28 + 50

Discussion in 'Leica' started by xdayv, Feb 18, 2016.

1. asiafish

asiafish All-Pro

Aug 9, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA
    Andrew
    Just got back from the U.K. and ended up sneaking the 35mm in my suitcase and actually used it for two of my days there. Most days, I would walk out of the hotel with either the 28 or 50 and not bother changing lenses.

I did carry a small bag with a second lens with me only at Hadrian's Wall, and switched frequently between 28 and 50 at the various Roman ruins.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator

Apr 3, 2013
    Look forward to some pictures posted from the trip-

3. asiafish

asiafish All-Pro

Aug 9, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA
    Andrew
    Give me a week or three; there are a few thousand to whittle down.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Archiver

Archiver Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Some great images there; I love the composition of looking through the guard's legs at the other guard.

28 and 50 is my day to day combination, although when I travel, I like to take in 'everything', so a 21mm replaces the 28, and a fast 35 goes in the middle.

At one stage I liked the idea of having 25mm separating my focal lengths, so I would carry a 25mm, 50mm and 75mm. Seemed like a good idea at the time! 25mm seems right to me for a 'natural' width of view without the perspective distortion that comes with 21.

5. luo yi

luo yi Regular

Jan 5, 2018
    That of lady-fishing is very interesting. You captured her moment. Nice.

6. christilou

christilou Legend

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    When travelling I mostly use a 50mm and have the ZM25 2.8 on the Sony A7RII. The good thing about these two bodies is that the Sony can take the M lenses with an adapter. I find the 25mm a bit too wide for me and it has a nasty pink vignette on the M240 but the only 35mm I have is the Voigtlander 1.2 which is rather cumbersome. I bought the Sony FE85 1.4 GM last year for a trip to Italy and it came in rather handy :) 

7. luo yi

luo yi Regular

Jan 5, 2018
    i take the ricoh gr ii in pocket, which is a 28mm equivalent. when travel, i take also the d700 + zf.2 35/2. this is a heavy combo. instead, i may take the d7000 + af35/2d, which is 52.5mm equivalent. this combo is light and compact and autofocus. the af35/2d is very good for sharpness, color, and quick focus speed…

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.