My Personal Project - SceeneInWindows

gryphon1911

Hall of Famer
Name
Andrew
Back in April 2015, I started a new personal project called SceeneInWindows. I wanted to use the play on words and similarity of "seen" and "scene" within a "windowed" context.

I started a site for it and publish 2-3 images per week.

I'd love to get people's opinion on what they think. What I can improve, anything that you see that should be better.

I will say right up front that there is no "theme" beyond what I expressed above in the opening sentence, which is a scene or something seen within/through/involving a window. Is that not enough? Should I be more specific or am I being too restrictive? I'm sure I might be too liberal with what I am posting. One thing I might need to do is be more discerning in my editing process. All these things I would love to hear your opinion about.

Please feel free to be honest. I want this to be a learning experience for me and I already am getting some feedback from the non-photographer set, but would love to have more feedback from the photo community here.

I'm guessing something will flesh itself out the more that I do it. I will say that it is fun to do so far.

Anyway, thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to check out site and provide feedback.

Just a quick note. January 15th, 2016 will be the last "official" SceeneInWindows post EVER! I may occasionally put up another post here and there, but the time frame for this project has officially come to a close.

I want to thank everyone who went to see the images and shared in this project. I will leave the blog up as a historical reference to the project and for future viewers to enjoy.

I have formulated an idea for a new project, which will be starting soon. Once I have the official site up, I will post it here on the forum and hope that those who enjoyed SceeneInWindows will also enjoy the new project.

I like the idea of personal projects (and I like many of the photos on your site)! I don't think it matters how wide or narrow you define it as long as you are comfortable with it. I've recently seen some beautiful work of people who printed project boosk. Asking the question" what type of photos are worth printing" helped them narrow - or widen - the scope.

Back