Film My OM-1

pdk42

All-Pro
Name
Paul
They don't make them like this any more!

OM1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I always liked the HUGE viewfinder on the one I had - before it was stolen. Good camera, good system.

In 1973 I bought an OM-1 MD with a 50 mm f/1.8 Zuiko lens. I loved it! It was so much smaller and lighter than the Minolta SRT-201 that it replaced. I quickly added 28 mm and 135 mm Zuikos and a set of close-up rings. I found that the image centering (match between viewing screen and film) was far superior to the Minolta's and that the color and light transmission of Zuikos were tightly matched. In 1975 I replaced my OM-1 with an OM-2 - the lure of aperture priority metering was just irresistable. I added a Winder and 35 mm, 85 mm and 200 mm lenses. When this equipment was stolen during a house robbery, I marched right down to my camera store with the insurance check and bought exactly the same rig! I designed a bubble-pack-padded canvas shoulder bag to carry this gear and used it for years when I traveled or sailed. I still have this rig, although I rarely use it anymore. The lenses still see a lot of use on my Panasonic GX7 and Olympus OMD-M1.

top.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound words, Doc, I used 0M2n's for many years as my climbing cameras? I then bought an 0M3, I preferred the totally manual facility it offered, that was, of course before I went rangefinder, Leica M which I much prefer, M6. I have just bought a Sony a7R ll, but keep it quiet here? It is fabulous and I can use my Leica M glass, still love my M6 and Rollieflex 3.5f

Back