my fave online processing

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
PicMonkey is my goto website when I want some processing done and don't feel like firing up the Lightroom or Photoshop or am somewhere without those tools at my disposal. Their free tools cover the basics and beyond, but I use their advance features fairly often and feel it's worth the small yearly fee. They just sent me a link to this very amusing video (the monkey is very cheeky!) and they are letting me people try the full version free for a week. Create with PicMonkey's easy yet powerful photo editing and graphic design software

Even if you decide you don't all the bells and whistles, the site can really come in handy for quick edits when you're not at your desktop.

This could be good when you're traveling, especially if you're taking a tablet instead of a fully loaded laptop. Maybe I'll give it a try before my trip to Laos in November/December, though depending on a fast internet connection might not be a good idea there. Last time I had no problem with basic online stuff - including Skype, which, however, did not want to stream video, just audio - and loading photos to a web page.

An excuse for a new laptop???

I'll try it anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

For people who don't have Photoshop or a full-featured editor, you might not realize how much one can do with dodge and burn brushes and a clone stamp.They also allow the use of layers and have some fairly useful presets for adding "textures" or adding borders and frames.....it's pretty deep.

Trying this out now... Raw Therapee crashes so badly even trying to edit one image all alone in its own folder that I can't finish a single one.

So far I miss tone mapping. Seems geared more toward scrap bookers or millennials (people who like "cute" stuff), but you're right, I can get some stuff done with it.

Whilst I appreciate that some might need or want online processing... I just don't get it. There are an awful lot of free applications on Windows, Linux and Mac, as well as on Android and iOS... so I'm just failing to see why its a good idea to pay a monthly fee for this...

Back