Mid Winter daylight photos from today

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by wolfie, Aug 20, 2011.

1. wolfie

wolfie Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Despite being fooled into buying a egregiously over priced camera with an obsolete sensor and crippled with nasty kit lenses, I struggled to come up with some almost tolerable photos today. Please excuse my botannical inexactitudes as I can only recognise two types of vegetation: grass or trees ...:tongue:

A tree that thinks it is spring already

A flower that thinks it is spring

A sparrow that is waiting for spring

A pretty blue flower

• Like Like x 2
  2. Very nice images and great composition. What camera/lens combo did you use?
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Liking these - please share camera details.
  4. Very nice shooting. Mid-winter, you must be from the lower half of our world. It is mid-summer here.
  5. wolfie

wolfie Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Sorry for being so obtuse!

After reading all the hate mail on the DPReview site on the PEN E-P3 review, I thought everyone would realise I had taken the pictures on my E-P3 !:eek:

The two tree shots were with the M.Zuiko 40-150 zoom, both at 150 at about f5.6 and the others on the 14-42. I was especially pleased with the whitish-yellowish flower picture (not a botanist!) as many have said this lens is rather poor at close ups.
    And I discovered the level function, so I'll be saving myself some cropping problems in future from tilting horizons. All shot on RAW file and basically converted to jpeg & resized.
    Thanks for the kind words.
  6. pdh

pdh Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    plus it's always a pleasure to see the word "egregiously" used
  7. wolfie

wolfie Veteran

Sep 19, 2010

Yes, pdh, I love that word too. It should be used more often but not overly so, of course :rolleyes: