Micro 4/3 Match made on earth

Steve Noel

In Memorium
This combo has made my wife a very happy family photographer. She is the official "photographer", for family get together. We've been on a quest for the perfect combination, of compact, capable, and novice user friendly. Something to carry in the purse, always there and ready for events such as the birth of great niece this week. It was at the ready, and presto the family (that in the rush and drama, forgot to bring a camera) had pictures. Aunt Dollie to the rescue! This small, capable, little picture taker, never disappoints (her). And that makes me very happy. :)

And in case you missed the details, Oly 14-42mm IIr on the Pana GF5. Unlikely match. But the Pana 14-42mm is now on my E-p3. Works for us.

GF5_and_Oly.jpg

It's funny how many of us use Panasonic lenses on Olympus bodies but not the complementary arrangement. I suspect it's because Oly glass on Panny bodies means no IS. How did I ever do photography in the 20th century?

My Olympus 9-18mm and 45mm lenses get more use on my GH1 rather than the E-M5. The UWA zoom goes well with the fully articulated screen and the wider formats of the multi-aspect sensor, but I have a tougher time figuring out why I like the 45mm on the Panasonic better.

Back