make of this what you will ...

Well hell. That was unexpectedly lovely. It was amazing seeing so many of your pictures in one post. I usually get to see one image posted in isolation, and to me it's akin to seeing a decapitated Buddha head at a museum under a glass case which has a plaque reading, "Yakshi, circa 1440", and I'm left grasping at straws trying to understand its relevance and context. So this write-up accompanied by multiple images was particularly meaningful to me. Thanks to Olivier and you.

Excellent evocative imagery and very very inspirational.

All I have to say is that it's quite ok being disheartened as an artist. Best bloody place to be to start something real. Look forward to seeing more from you.

Sometimes, I'm flummoxed by some of Paul's shots. But I very nearly always love the rest of them. So I just assume the ones I don't quite "get" are probably the best and are just beyond my comprehension. Hopefully this will bring more sets of eyes to Paul's work. Thanks to Olivier for getting you to come a bit out of your shell.

Thank you, for the walk through your life's eye, of photography. Many of your choices, sort of parallel mine. But, then many, are polar opposite. It's what defines the difference in people. Interesting read, and food for thought. But, when you are as old as we are, not much is changing, in what we like, or the way we do it. And the greatest evidence, is the final photograph, that we produce.

An excellent read

I think the images read better in the article than on here or Flickr which surprises me

I'd missed this. I enjoy reading how people think and feel about their photography. I also admit that I wonder about you more than many others (I mean that in the best possible way) so it was particularity satisfying to get a look inside your head. Oh, the first shot of the sheep is my very favorite.

Sometimes, I'm flummoxed by some of Paul's shots. But I very nearly always love the rest of them. So I just assume the ones I don't quite "get" are probably the best and are just beyond my comprehension. Hopefully this will bring more sets of eyes to Paul's work. Thanks to Olivier for getting you to come a bit out of your shell.
Those would be the "high concept" shots Luke... :cool: (sorry, couldn't resist)

Congratulations Paul - a bit of recognition is always nice... And well deserved here.

-Ray

Thank you for all your nice comments (however I am particularly irritated with Ray for getting the High Concept gag in first ...)

Just as a point of information, the selection of photographs in the interview/article/thing is Olivier's; it's really interesting to have one's own work "curated" by someone else in this way (well, I mean, it's interesting to me to see my work ... etc. ..)

drd1135 said:
it was particularity satisfying to get a look inside your head

oooh you don't want to be going wandering around in there on your own, Steve ... there's all sorts of peculiar things floating about ...

Back