Leica M10 Looks really good.

For Lloyd to have been happy, it would have needed:
- A higher resolution sensor.
- A built-in high-res EVF, ditch the rangefinder. (Think "Q.")
- Higher resolution rear screen.

Sounds like he wanted the SL feature set, but on an "M" or smaller body. Can't blame him. That SL and it's lenses are just too big for me, too.

Heck, Leica could pull-off an electronic rangefinder: Primary EVF along with secondary (smaller and offset) evf. Watch as the subject comes into focus and the rangefinder "box" lines-up at the focus plane.

Still want an M10, I'll just have to wait a few years for used-prices to come along.

My daughter asked me why I don't use a smart phone. Because I did not design it, and I did not write the software for it. I use a flip phone, because I just talk on it- hit numbers, speak, listen. Just like a real phone.

The M9, M Monochrom, M8- and now it looks like the M10 seem to be as close to using a film camera as a digital can get. I would like to see some of the firmware bugs fixed, the biggest being the discreet mode on the M Monochrom. But that's it.

LLoyd should just design his own camera and write his own firmware, that way it will work just like he wants it to. Computers that i use professionally work just like I want them to. But I'll leave the camera design to Leica.

Great write-up of the M10 on Reddot.

» Leica M10 Review: The Quintessential Digital M

Has some history, acknowledgement of historical necessities, trade-offs, insider engineering illuminations, cutaways, etc. Wonder why they didn't do a hybrid viewfinder, along the lines of the X-PRO2? Read, find out.

Regardless how the M10 may or may not fit into your own camera collection, I think you have to acknowledge the unqualified success of them having met their design goals.

With small design and manufacturing teams, too. I have to applaud them.

I'm thinking hard about getting one ...

The X pro 2 seems a very competitive product in many respects, with lots of refinements and experience enhancers. Not a rangefinder, not an M. If folks don't buy this M....well, there may not be many better and more digital M's .

I'd like an M10 with a MS optical or tiny CV lens. BTW that Lomo Minitar looks like fun.

Back