Panasonic LX7 shot used to sell watches

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
A shot I took at the now defunct steel mill where I used to work was licensed to use in promoting a new line of watches by Molarity Watch branded as ZakWatch. They use it for their "Industrial" line. Here's the page as it's built now.

http://en.zakwatch.com/industrial/

The company handling this is Allaleen which is a Swiss marketing and branding startup.

This is yet one more reason why compacts can be "serious", lol.

Here's my original shot on flickr:

8538548142_b8ce6b53dd_b.jpg

Panasonic LX7 Test: Ladles Under Maintenance by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

Thanks, all! :)

They found it on flickr. I keyword EVERYTHING I post -- embedded in the image files even. This is critical to being indexed in such a way you show up in google searches and the like.

If you're online and you aren't using metadata to make yourself more visible, you're missing out.

Food for thought
I don't keyword anything much but it would be nice to be wanted

On the other hand if I had an email from someone I probably would put it unopened in the spam box

Great shot in a genre that you have mastered John. Very well deserved (y)

P.S.
They found it on flickr. I keyword EVERYTHING I post -- embedded in the image files even. This is critical to being indexed in such a way you show up in google searches and the like.

If you're online and you aren't using metadata to make yourself more visible, you're missing out.
As someone who enjoys some sales via Flickr and Getty - though Getty's moving away from Flickr it seems - this is very helpful info for sure. Are you referring to Flickr 'Tags' specifically here or something else/more?

Great shot in a genre that you have mastered John. Very well deserved (y)

P.S.

As someone who enjoys some sales via Flickr and Getty - though Getty's moving away from Flickr it seems - this is very helpful info for sure. Are you referring to Flickr 'Tags' specifically here or something else/more?

Thanks!

Yes, they are shown to the user as "tags" on flickr. However, you'll find that if you keyword them in your editor (in my case Lightroom) that the tags in flickr are automatically populated when you upload to flickr -- which is quite a time saver. When I do a series of shots, it's easy to keyword all of them with the "common" ones I want in there. In fact, you set set up a default import keyword set that is added to everything you import into lightroom such as your name, studio name or whatever as well as setting the separate exif areas for copyrights and so forth.

The tags are also useful for catalog organization and I use them to keep track of my work and group them into "smart collections" in Lightroom so I can get to them by various categorizations.

Back