Panasonic LX5 Firmware Update

Hmmmm, oh my. Maybe it's time for me to tell BB how stupid and crappy her LX5 is so I can get it from her. Love to see what the firmware update does...
Nah.... She knows me too well fer sure....

P1030445.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

No problems updating ; this is the new miniature mode where you can select saturation and the width of a horizontal or vertical band to remain in focus.
I can't say that I've seen improvements to high ISO or AF but manual focusing is much improved.
The ability to adjust the LCD colour is also welcome.
Nice to see Panasonic supporting their cameras like this ; it encourages me to remain a customer.

I'll have to get my LX5 back from my mum some time so I can update it. Perhaps I should do before and after update high ISO images? lol (will do if people are seriously interested :p )

The lcd colour adjustment is very welcome - colours always seem much better (saturation and contrast) on the camera screen vs on my colour corrected laptop.

Thanks for posting. I did the upgrade tonight and it was simple and quick. I use Linux, so I was a little concerned with the Windows or Mac options on the Panasonic site, but running the Windows exe file with Wine extracted the bin file just fine.

Hope to get a chance to test it out tomorrow.

I've updated successfully, but haven't really noticed huge differences other than that the auto focus is MUCH faster.

But then, I do most landscape, so it doesn't effect me much.

Sigh.

Just updated, wasn't that bothered, focus always seemed fast enough for me, I don't do movies and stay away from high ISO. But with nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon I thought I may as well.
BUT WHY DIDN'T ANYONE MENTION THE FOCUS AREA MEMORY?:)
Fantastic, I turn it off and back on and it's just where I left it, where it should be, as it should always have been and my one criticism of the camera so far.
I may play with the miniature mode, though as I haven't used any of the other art setting yet I'm in no hurry.

Back