LR 3.4.1 Export Settings issue/question.....

tanngrisnir3

Regular
About a week ago, on the advice of someone who thought the files I was exporting after post (as .jpegs) were too large, and thus took longer to upload and were not ideal in size to avoid possible online-theft, I changed the settings around in LR3 and have, ever since, got export results that simply do NOT resemble what LR shows me as the final product once I've finished.

I.E., what I see on the screen in LR is NOT what I see in the folder I export them to.

What I'm getting after export are shots that look much, much darker than what I see in LR. Like someone went rather wild with the 'blacks' slider.

My current settings are:

Quality 100%
Resolution 72
No sharpening

Any ideas?

Just to be clear, are you asking about exporting for posting on a website or on Flickr (or email) or are you asking about exporting to print? I think you're talking about the former, not the latter.

For Flickr export:

Quality setting is 75, Long Edge is 1400 pixels, Sharpening for Screen is Standard

For export to my hard drive: Quality 80 (don't ask me why I don't have the same on Flickr); Resize to Fit: Long Edge 1400 Resolution 240; Output: Screen Sharpening is Standard.

My settings are set as per advisement. My pictures look just as they do in LR on Flickr and when I post them here or email them.

I have has some prints, not many:redface: made and they looked good, too...however, I have always called Don and had him walk me through the settings for out put for prints first. I'm afraid I have not written them down.:rolleyes:

Just to be clear, are you asking about exporting for posting on a website or on Flickr (or email) or are you asking about exporting to print? I think you're talking about the former, not the latter.

For Flickr export:

Quality setting is 75, Long Edge is 1400 pixels, Sharpening for Screen is Standard

For export to my hard drive: Quality 80 (don't ask me why I don't have the same on Flickr); Resize to Fit: Long Edge 1400 Resolution 240; Output: Screen Sharpening is Standard.

My settings are set as per advisement. My pictures look just as they do in LR on Flickr and when I post them here or email them.

I have has some prints, not many:redface: made and they looked good, too...however, I have always called Don and had him walk me through the settings for out put for prints first. I'm afraid I have not written them down.:rolleyes:

Thanks! I'll try them out and see what happens!

I hope it works for you. You've been missed, by the way.;) I'm sure others have their own settings but those have worked nicely for me for computer/screen/website/emails. No doubt you'll get some other posts as the day/evening goes on.

I hope it works for you. You've been missed, by the way.;) I'm sure others have their own settings but those have worked nicely for me for computer/screen/website/emails. No doubt you'll get some other posts as the day/evening goes on.

Thanks! I've been experimenting with lots of Canon lenses on my g/f's trusty old Rebel xTi in anticipation of jumping up to the 7d, but our photo trips have had crapola (and even dangerous) weather, so no great results yet.

LR 3.4 Export Problems - Help please!

I usually export my processed images to my desktop in a folder I called x port. For some reason today, the exports seem to be going elsewhere! I can find them and open the files in Preview. After extensive fiddling I just can't see anything different in my settings :redface:

LR has a memory. If you change to a different setting or output folder, it will remember that. You have to pay attention to your export settings the next export.

Changing the quality from 100 to 70 just changes the file size. If your seeing a different image tone etc, a setting is off. Some sites optimize an upload to their standards and that could change the look but most recognize the LR profile and accept it.

Thanks for the replies, I found the pics within the right folder but they were set in another column and I needed to slide the view along :redface: I don't know what happens when this gets full? Does it get full ever? Mystified as ever!

By the way, I plugged in my external hardrive this morning, thanks for the kick!

Back