Leica Love & Hate.....

christilou

Legend
M240 50mm Summilux

L1007370-Edit-Edit-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1007380-Edit-2.jpg

I've taken off the Oly viewfinder I've always had attached to my 240 and have been finding a renewed enthusiasm for the M. I've realised that critical focus isn't always a must have for a nice memory!

I have had these feelings for a long time. Unfortunately, like many others I am influenced by whatever concept or idea of perfection is the flavor of the day. There is so much written about minute details and measurements to measure everything and pronounce certain qualities as being indispensable in order for one's images to be "good"..... I've discarded innumerable images that I really liked because the focus wasn't just right or some other detail was apparently "off" by a bit.

I have had these feelings for a long time. Unfortunately, like many others I am influenced by whatever concept or idea of perfection is the flavor of the day. There is so much written about minute details and measurements to measure everything and pronounce certain qualities as being indispensable in order for one's images to be "good"..... I've discarded innumerable images that I really liked because the focus wasn't just right or some other detail was apparently "off" by a bit.

I think we're all there. Lately I'm trying to look past imperfections and appreciate an image for what it says, not just how perfectly it says it.

This is an example of a shot which was not technically perfect. But I would not trade it of nearly any other sharper or less noisy image I've captured.

My mother blessing my nephew and his bride after their wedding.. Leica Q

L1020777-Edit-Edit.jpg

Back