Longwood Gardens

Thanks all. Walking around with a tripod and sitting there waiting for the exposure to finish is just so far from my idea of what photography is supposed to be, I don't see doing it often. I've seen great results from some folks who are into this kind of shooting, but I seriously doubt I'll do much of it until I'm much older and need the tripod to help keep myself upright and steady! :cool:

And yeah, Bill, that next to last one was the result of walking into a warm greenhouse from shooting outdoors in well below freezing air. The lens fogged up and I tried to wipe it off but I got a few foggy shots. This was one and I was able to cut through some of the fog with some of the processing sliders and my wife particularly liked that semi-fogged shot for the weird atmosphere it creates, so I kept it. But, yeah, definitely flawed!

And Wylie, yes, all with the ep2. I took the 14-150, the 20, and the 9-18 and used them all.

-Ray

Thanks, Ray.

I think using a tripod and having a vision for long exposures is an art. We all have aspects of photography that we enjoy more than others.

Just for the record, my first name is BB - though I do answer to almost anything that is politely related to my name.;) For some reason it seems that it is often the Aussies who call me Wylie, though I am not sure why.

OK, I'll try to stick with BB or BBW from now on - it just always seemed there should be a WORD in there somewhere and I'd seen others use Wylie, so I tried it too. Didn't occur to me it was just an Aussie trait! :cool:

-Ray

(Ray, it's OK. I hope I didn't come off all huffy or anything about my name. I could spell my name Beebee or Bibi or Bebe. I chose to spell it as B.B. back in my business world days of long ago in hopes of seeming androgynous via letters and the like. And Bill, thanks, now I get it with our fellow brethren Down Under.;))

Thanks all. Walking around with a tripod and sitting there waiting for the exposure to finish is just so far from my idea of what photography is supposed to be, I don't see doing it often. I've seen great results from some folks who are into this kind of shooting, but I seriously doubt I'll do much of it until I'm much older and need the tripod to help keep myself upright and steady! :cool:

And yeah, Bill, that next to last one was the result of walking into a warm greenhouse from shooting outdoors in well below freezing air. The lens fogged up and I tried to wipe it off but I got a few foggy shots. This was one and I was able to cut through some of the fog with some of the processing sliders and my wife particularly liked that semi-fogged shot for the weird atmosphere it creates, so I kept it. But, yeah, definitely flawed!

And Wylie, yes, all with the ep2. I took the 14-150, the 20, and the 9-18 and used them all.

-Ray

I kinda like that foggy look too, adds character to the place.

(Ray, it's OK. I hope I didn't come off all huffy or anything about my name. I could spell my name Beebee or Bibi or Bebe. I chose to spell it as B.B. back in my business world days of long ago in hopes of seeming androgynous via letters and the like. And Bill, thanks, now I get it with our fellow brethren Down Under.;))

Not huffy at all. I'm cool with whatever you'd prefer to answer to. Not "Dainty" though I presume? ;)

-Ray

Back