Leica Leica X1 Image Thread

The black and white was from the JPEG but I turned down all my previous settings in-camera and tweaked them myself. I added clarity, contrast and very slight black. I thought the in-camera settings that I was using before were very dark.

Excellent and thanks for this info. May I ask if you changed the tone curve or did you leave it as it was? I think you did a great job. Honestly, I can't remember if one can change the Tone Curve with the jpeg.

You really were very successful with your black and white tonal range in this one - and in jpeg!:eek:;)

5012583421_e42843dae9_b.jpg

f/8.0 @ 1/1600th ISO 200

A very interesting photograph - it looks as though you must have been pretty deeply into that bamboo forest to see this. Beautiful and surprising reflection of the sky and clouds from deep within there! I do like this and have a feeling I might not feel the same if it were in color. Thanks so much for adding to this thread.

Virginia Water, Surrey, England

A couple from yesterday's walk in the park. I love the colours but I'm still not good at "seeing" a picture. My computer is still down, awaiting new hard drive so I'm only able to use I-photo at the moment but I rather like it!

L1002587.jpg

L1002577.jpg

Christina, you certainly had a fantastic day! These are very pretty and I bet once you're able to get in there with a little more from LR that they'll sing even more beautifully with the added depth! Promise to see what you think once your computer is back up to snuff.

:cloud-9-039: A rose by any other name.... At their loveliest in my favorite pitcher.

(Christina, whenever I see your X1 photos, I become very nostalgic and start to cry into my beer, so to speak.)

Back