Leica Leica X1 Image Thread

Only the Dog

L1022961-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Toy Fair

L1004740_Snapseed.jpg

L1004739_Snapseed.jpg

L1004738_Snapseed.jpg

So the X1 is sharper than the X2 - interesting but these are handheld at about 1/20 sec ISO 3200 on the last two

This shot was taken last November/December on the sea front at Le Touquet. These two hardy souls were well wrapped up and determined to sit it out, despite the strong, cold wind!

WrappedUp.jpg

And a completely diffent subject matter - this is of the 18th century Palladian Church at Ayot St Lawrence, Hertfordshire, which is about 3 miles from where I live.

Palladian-Church.jpg

Attachments

• WrappedUp.jpg
    WrappedUp.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 292
I know Le Touquet well ; even the sea can freeze there in winter!
Good to see some more X1 shots ; for me it still has the best IQ from any compact.

Leica X2 goes to New Zealand

OK since this end of the SC forum is getting a bit neglected... I took my new X2 to New Zealand in November, as my only camera (left the K5 at home). We had an ambitious route over North Island in 4 wks, and I expected to be taking grab shots with not much time to fuss over composition.... and wanted the X2 as, in general, my carry-everywhere tool. Overall I was very impressed by the little X2, the 35mm lens is fine for these general landscapes (I'm not much for super-wide angle shooting), colours have a real pop with little PP necessary (from DNG) and it is wonderful to have that full APS sensor that allows, if I want, a crop into a 50mm shot. Will show a few of the typical NZ spring scenery here:

This is in the Bay of Islands, near Paihia (part of a bay cruise)
CM_SK_3-4.jpg

A lovely waterfall in front of columnar basalts (for those interested in geology... ;) )
CM_SK_3-10.jpg

Lighthouse at the tip of Cape Brett, Bay of Islands
CM_SK_3-5.jpg

Back