Leica Leica TL2: under the radar?

N05J3W3

Rookie
It seems odd to me that the TL2 [and in fact the T series] generates so little discussion. Not sure why this is the case. Clue me in, why is the TL2 not taken seriously?

Leia uses a Leica T with beautiful results from her travels around the world. It is a mirrorless camera, uses interchangeable lenses, and I'm very happy that it has attracted a younger generation of Leica photographers.

Chile Easter Island and Paine

On this forum- we have a small group of active posters that tend to be more interested in the Rangefinder Leicas that can use a variety of lenses going back to the 1930s. The Digital Leica Rangefinder is as close to operating a classic manual focus film camera that you will find. Personally speaking, I have less interest in keeping up with the latest in digital camera bodies coming out than there is in restoring a lens from the 1940s.

With that stated: I keep up with Leicarumours.com and other sites, they do a fine job of reporting what is new and some of the "early adopter" problems.

Leica News & Rumors

I check in with that site, and have been leaving comments on the 50/1.1 7Artisans lens. The latter fascinates me as it is based on a 1950s Zunow 5cm F1.1.

I've worked with computers and digital imaging professionally for 40 years now. There is "Leading edge" and "Bleeding Edge". With the TL2: give Leica time to sort out the new camera and it's firmware.

Back