Leica Leica R-mount camera love

defektive

Veteran
Name
Sam
Ok, this thread may sink (stink?) here as people don't seem anywhere near as passionate about Leica SLRs as they do rangefinders but hey, I'm ready for that :crying:.

Anyway, if there are any passionate R camera users out there please share the love and try to 'sell' your camera to me.

I have the much maligned R4s but I love it. Have the 50 mm lens with the upside down lens hood. Trouble is that I just don't shoot film much any more ....money, time etc. I live in Sydney and cannot find a decent lab to print black and white....I process my own negs but don' t have a dark room.

There are plenty of R-system users that went all mad when the DMR went discontinued. Even worse when they stopped supplying batteries for the DMR (horrible to be left out like that IMO). I bet a bunch got tired of waiting for a "solution" and moved on... really unfortunate way to treat a loyal customer base. I'd be interested in hearing what some have to say about the new M240 with live view with R-lenses adapted.

I was really PO when Leica stopped support of the R9-DMR, but I did get the M8 anyway. When the DMR dies, i will go back to film for it. What i love about the DMR is the colours it produces.

I love the SLRs for lenses over 60mm (the 60 macro sits on my cameras full time). I bought two R4s and winder and motor drive. I love the snap into focus with a good lens likemthe 80-200, or the Apo 90mm. The Ms are used for wider lenses.

Always preferred the Leica R's to the M's, and today they can be had for bargain prices. I use an R6, with 4 Leica R lenses for film, and a Sony A7II with the same 4 Leica R lenses with a metabones adapter for digital. I think the Sony Sensor on the A7's works really well with the R lenses. The R6 comes into its own for black and white, which is what I use it for.

Back