Leica Showcase Leica M240

Vince- looks like a great vacation... i was out of commission with a miserable cold.

And the Cutie looks like she is headed right for an Airplane.

Problem with kids is nothing is predictable and forget about schedule. Planning for a full day of sightseeing turns to 4 hours and the rest of the time just, sitting in the hotel or restaurant. But we did have lots of fun.

Vince

Went on an outing today so see the leaves in North Georgia. Used the 50mm Lux ASPH and the 35mm Cron ASPH. Mostly the 35mm lens, it can capture some powerful color saturation....

L1001540.jpg
L1001541.jpg
L1001504-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice images, Christilou. I particularly like the black and white shots, but then again it's my preferred way of looking photographically, so I have a bias on such matters.

Good shooting Christilou. I love the photos of Amsterdam. Makes me want to go back again... The Goodwood festival must be a wonderful opportunity to capture great images as well. You really make me want to cross the pond again ;)

I have been a VERY naughty boy.

Having seen some of the photos on this site and on various other websites / in Leica Magazines, I took rather a shine to both the M9-P and M240. Different cameras, obviously, but both capable of producing stunning photos in the right hands. Well, I was pondering the logic of having two M film bodies. So far, it'd made sense as I tended to use one for colour and the other for mono. However, the one thing that frustrated me was low light shots. I had a Fuji X-Pro1 which is a great camera but I didn't like having to carry round two sets of lenses and two bodies. I bought a converter o I could put my Leica lenses on the X-Pro1 but it was a bit of a faff. Anyway, to the point; I visited one of my favourite camera shops in London and bought the M (240).

Having done a rudimentary set up of the camera menu upon exiting the shop, these photos are just a few grab shots taken on the way home. I'll have a bit more of a play with the camera tomorrow. These were processed in Lightroom CC and the B&W in Silver Efex Pro2 and the colour shot in Color Efex Pro4.
Chevvy.jpg
Malting.jpg
Industrial.jpg

Back