Leica Leica announces M9-P

A thousand dollars buys you what $130 worth of leather half case, screen protector and black tape will buy you. I'm not impressed. These are mainly cosmetic changes that could buy the consumer a very decent compact camera. In fact, buy a M9, said accessories, and a Ricoh GRD III and you'll already be ahead. Or a Sony H9Xv and have zoom and near DSLR-quality video. I love my M9 and M7, but Leica are still charging silly prices for essentially meaningless upgrades. You don't even get a different shutter, like you did with the M8.2.

I'm not impressed. These are mainly cosmetic changes that could buy the consumer a very decent compact camera. ..... still charging silly prices for essentially meaningless upgrades.

Shouldn't surprise you... they have a long history of doing so. Gold, Platinum, Columbo, Panda, HIstorica, Dragon, Danish Wedding, Ein Stock, Jaguar, green, black paint this or that..... I myself used to have a titanium M6 classic.

On the other hand, I hope Leica Sells Every Single One... at a hefty profit. It keeps them in business for the rest of us to enjoy their future products.

oh yes... Sapphire crystal isn't cheap but IMO still overkill for this application.

Back