I picked up a crusty Summarit with 1950s serial number for a fair price last week. The front element is pretty scratched up and has two small pits in it. Looks like somebody dragged it along a gravel pathway. The aperture ring was binding quite a bit and really didn't like being disassembled. The sequence of taking it apart is similar yet differs in some important places from the Leitz Xenon. I took it apart, washed the grime of some parts, cleaned up the threads and lubricated them with fresh rifle grease. After cleaning the lens surfaces I took a fine-line pen and filled in the pits in the front element with some ink. Sunday it was time to mount it on the M-E, put a XOONS hood on it, and take it with me for a walk to see if this was such a flare and glow monster people make it out to be.... M9 Digital Camera    ---       f/4.0    1/60s    ISO 200 M9 Digital Camera    ---       f/2.0    1/125s    ISO 200 M9 Digital Camera    ---       f/9.5    1/350s    ISO 200 M9 Digital Camera    ---       f/4.0    1/1000s    ISO 200 Verdict: Guarded from stray light it's actually a nice performer. The glow is there, on par with my Xenon. Guess I'll have to try it with some B/W film now.