Micro 4/3 Leica 45mm Macro Elmarit

These are great the 2nd one is so lifelike
Did you use natural light Michael

oops duplicate comment (using new Firefox browser "Minefield" Beta) can be quirky

Good on you Bill its a great lens so light and easy to use
Looks like a Grevillea very hard to capture this beauty DOF is a problem
But anyways great saturated colour there

I sold my Oly 50mm f2 to buy this lens and don't regret it.

5080414045_ef2eba3a84_b.jpg

I found the market place confusing too because panasonic/leica lenses exist in both 4/3 and m43 with very similar specs. I would hate to buy the wrong one! :eek:
Thanks again for posting those beautiful images. If $ no object Im sure I would have every panasonic leica lens for m43!!!

This is my first time using this lens in it's non macro mode.

1000454.jpg

Panasonic G1 f/5.6 1/125, iso 200

1000452.jpg

Panasonic G1 f/9 1/40, iso 200

Well pleased with the way it resolves the detail in the subject.

Images are uncropped and post processed in Bibble Pro 5 (including the rendering into black and white)

Barrie

Talk about a versatile lens! If I one were to have only one lens - this looks as though it could be the "it" lens. Seeing everyone's different photos from the incredible macro of your snail, Michael, and Jacobin your wonderfully cool close-up of that fish with is beak, as well as Barrie your black and whites, and now Deidre - yours - is a superb way to get a feeling for the types of photographs that work so well with this lens. Very thought provoking.

Michael,

I saw your lovely photos and only now have time to thank you for the posting and to ask a perhaps obvious question. Unless bees where you live are quite large, the images are more than "life size" (i.e. 1:1). Am I overestimating the size of the sensor, or are these cropped? If so, that makes the image quality even more impressive! Thanks again,

Eric

Thank you Eric for your kind words. The 45mm macro is capable of taking shots at 1:1 magnification, which I believe is 2:1 in 35mm format. The lens is able to focus closer on smaller objects and give more magnification. But the images I posted along with this spider picture are crops, which I agree with you, is even more impressive :)

Back