Leica Learning with the M9P

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
Not sure if y'all have stumbled on the progress of this guy as he learns his way with a new Leica M9P with Noctilux - as recommended to him by the camera store - as a good camera to learn how to take better pictures.

Review of the M9P
[video=youtube_share;bcPqXKH69j4]

Some hints and tricks with the Noctilux
[video=youtube_share;z9NWeMkBN_A]

Some sample shots
[video=youtube_share;hnviDnpShU8]

Might just be my Aussie sense of humour but I love this! Can't wait to see and learn more

hehehe .... i saw this in a thread at RFF, where rather a lot of people seem to have had an irony-bypass ...
Funny you mention this Paul. My humour is pretty dry and often sarcastic (I know, I know the lowest form of wit :blush:). Now I don't mean to be racist but....having friends and colleagues around the globe I find a vast difference in their humour. Brits often get where I'm coming from and I find their repartee utterly entertaining - on the whole. Then most folks I know from the States, when you employ this wit - and more exaggerated when used in British company - look at you quite dumbfounded...and sometimes astounded and shocked at our irreverence. Then I noticed some regional differences. Many of these US folks are from the South or mid-west....and a New Yorker I knew sort of got it. I find this all curious as this is the land that spawned the likes of Woody Allen and Stevie Wright :confused:

Hmmm ... I'm from the South and I believe the Southern sense of humor is much more laid back and understanding. Most New Yorkers I know definitely have less tolerance for sarcasm that we Southerners do.

I'm not convinced he meant it to be funny which makes it even funnier.
I've seen a few videos like this giving instructions, for example on how to make and English longbow using planks of wood from the local lumber yard and a buzz saw! They were being serious and I'm not sure this guy isn't as well.

Hey I don't know why everyone is making fun of this guy, I only use even numbers too, but I wish he would have said whos name the "f" refers to in the numbering scale on the lens. And I think he's talking about the "keep people's faces unrecognizable" zone method of distance focusing where you keep everyone far enough away from you so you can't recognize them so you're sure to be in focus.

:rofl::rofl:...sorry, but that video was hilarious, thanks for the post. :clap2:

It obviously has to be a joke since his camera and lens likely cost a lot more than his "house". But the delivery is so bone dry its almost hard to tell for sure. Kind of souds like Eugene Levy after a dose of muscle relaxers.

A good yuk.

-Ray

Back