Landscape images from Leica C (Typ 112) - [same as Panasonic LF1]

D

dalethorn

Just a couple of landscapes from the Leica C (Typ 112) mini-camera. I made a couple of minor edits to the birds to correct digital artifacts, being that the birds were so small in the images.

f4.6, 1/640 handheld, ISO 80.
Mtpleasant36_s.jpg

f5.9, 1/500 handheld, ISO 80.
Mtpleasant37_s.jpg

Nice - I assume these were shot at full zoom? First one almost looks like it focused on the weeds in foreground instead of the background…
Curious as to why you have both the LF1 and the Leica C which are based on the same sensor and lens? Any preferences? There are certainly not many (any?) ultra compact travel zooms with viewfinders.

Nice - I assume these were shot at full zoom? First one almost looks like it focused on the weeds in foreground instead of the background… Curious as to why you have both the LF1 and the Leica C which are based on the same sensor and lens? Any preferences? There are certainly not many (any?) ultra compact travel zooms with viewfinders.

I sold the LF1 to a friend, and now we're in a competition to see who can stretch the limit of these cameras the farthest. BTW, I have a Panasonic GM1 on order and am really anxious to try that one out.

The image at f4.6 was less than full zoom, and when at full zoom the camera is always at f5.9. I should be able to calculate the actual effective focal length for f4.6 on 'P' (program) setting, if I could find a chart.... It does look like a focus on the foreground plants in that first image, but I was panning on the bird and I think the focus is either on the bird or just beyond the foreground plants.

Back