Konica 30mm F1.9, converted to C-Mount

Brian

Product of the Fifties
The Konica EYE is a Half-frame 35mm camera with a 30mm F1.9 lens. The Shutter on this one is bad, camera was $15 on Ebay.

Remove the Body cover down and baseplate.

Four screws hold the lens plate into the Body. The glue holds them in tight, you need a good screwdriver to get them out. I used a WIHA.

The plate is an integral part of the Focus mechanism, and is held in by studs. I did not remove the plate from the lens, chose to tape up the lens to protect it while cutting down to size. Dremel Time.

Use a file to get down to the ballpark. I dropped the plate into a 52->55 step-up ring to protect against sharp edges.

C-Mount from a no-name 25/1.8 TV lens, and a shim from a Jupiter-8 to set infinity focus.

On the EP2 via C-Mount adapter. A J-8 Shim was used to align actual focus with the Distance scale.

I need to put something on the inside of the 55 step-up ring, like a retaining ring from a filter or an O-ring.

Also- this lens does not have an aperture, the body used a combination aperture/shutter- and it was dead. An aperture disk also works, the lens uses a 46mm filter.

Or- could just use wide-open...

And now on the EP2.
Shimmed for infinity focus for C-Mount, works with my C-Mount to mu43 adapter.

On the EP2.

And now on the EP2.

Shimmed for infinity focus for C-Mount, works with my C-Mount to mu43 adapter.

Now- how to wire the Selenium cell to recharge the battery...

Back