Pentax K-01 and hello !

Transit

Regular
Hi Folks,
I finally broke down and ordered the K-01...
Found this place while searching for peoples experience with the FA77ltd :)
Initially ordered the yellow body but chickened out and changed it to black...
Black 77 on yellow would look good but silver needs the black

cheers
Pete in NZ

Fine camera. Doesn't have the current "in look", but it sure is a fine picture maker, at a great price. Only troubling thing is the funky, fiddly, rubber cover for the card and cord connections. And even that can be "covered" with a bit of patience. Congrats, and Welcome!

Welcome! Gotta love the K-01 and all the Pentax Limited lenses ... I know I do.

Be sure to update the firmware when your camera arrives (after the battery is charged) and enjoy shooting.

Welcome! Gotta love the K-01 and all the Pentax Limited lenses ... I know I do.

Be sure to update the firmware when your camera arrives (after the battery is charged) and enjoy shooting.

Thanks and will do !
I was pleasantly surprised to see she will use K-5 batteries so well prepared there :)
Tempted to run her with v1.0 to experience the improvement with 1.03 :)
cheers
Pete

Very likely... particularly with the DA 40 XS "crepe" prime attached.

I really can't stand the look of that lens. I think it's the acres of flat crepe and tiny element.
Probably transferring my slight toy cameras fears onto the poor lens,
miracle of lens construction it is !
Have DA40 ltd anyway so all good.

My K-01 is still moving, has reached somewhere called Hodgkins, IL. Heading for cheap proxy post address in Portland. Then across the Pacific to Auckland customs who will hopefully decide it is under the $400 limit that kicks in 15% GST :)
Might have it in a fortnight :D

My K-01 does not get the "nod", if I need to grab a quick shot or two, and process right away. Why? Too much trouble fiddlin' with the card door. It also, does not have that "proper" camera look, that invites a pick up and fondle. My E-p2 fills that place.

But when I turn on the "K", and begin to use it, all that doesn't matter any more. It was the easiest camera I have had since the OM-1, to connect with in the field. On a small tripod and a focusing rail (as in my picture here), it is a pure joy to use.

Still can't come to terms with the best JPEG settings. I think that when the winter "dead look", is gone I may be able to get it right. Raw works, but I just don't enjoy sitting at the computer trying to get the pictures that have been taken, to look right.

Conclusion: Is it a keeper? Probably not for me. Why? I am from a long line of "horse traders". My dad would say "every thing is for sale at the right price, except the woman and kids". I can't help myself. It will probably leave here some time. And it's no reflection on the K-01. It's a great camera. Treat it with some love and care. :)

K-01_Top_With_Lens.jpg

My_Gear.jpg

Conclusion: Is it a keeper? Probably not for me. Why? I am from a long line of "horse traders". My dad would say "every thing is for sale at the right price, except the woman and kids". I can't help myself.

Funny you say this, because I'm the same way... I get in these grooves where there is a near-constant flow of buy/sell/trade.

Back