Nikon Just ordered Nikon V1

Sue, funny you should mention the DA 55-300... I had it briefly (3 weeks or thereabouts) last month. That was the second time I've owned that particular lens, and once again, I simply couldn't make friends with it.

A quick peek at Amazon shows a "Like New" Nikon V1 for $380, the F-Mount adapter for $269, and the Nikon 55-300 VR for $400, or $220-260 for "Excellent/Like New" condition. The total is in the vicinity of $1000 USD, which is a lot... but maybe not too much when compared with the other options out there.

Sue, funny you should mention the DA 55-300... I had it briefly (3 weeks or thereabouts) last month. That was the second time I've owned that particular lens, and once again, I simply couldn't make friends with it.

A quick peek at Amazon shows a "Like New" Nikon V1 for $380, the F-Mount adapter for $269, and the Nikon 55-300 VR for $400, or $220-260 for "Excellent/Like New" condition. The total is in the vicinity of $1000 USD, which is a lot... but maybe not too much when compared with the other options out there.

Yah it was just that I knew you'd come from Pentax and I wasnt sure what you had. Speaking of being unable to make friends with the DA55-300... I've had a few good shots from it but in fact did a whole lot better with a Tamron 70-300 that I had with my K200D. I doubt that I would have looked further if I had had the sense to keep that outfit. I've never made friends with my K-5 either, hence the continual hunt for something else. I think I have found it in the V1. For now, anyway :)

Back