Just downloaded, (and purchased) FoCal Pro

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
something more to occupy endless hours and for me to worry about, but that's supposed to be fund folks ……… anyone used it?

Something that would interest Paul as he is into critical sharpness

Cannot use it for a week or so as I have left my USB camera to computer leads in France ….. so I may as well have my late afternoon nap

something more to occupy endless hours and for me to worry about, but that's supposed to be fund folks ……… anyone used it?

Something that would interest Paul as he is into critical sharpness

Cannot use it for a week or so as I have left my USB camera to computer leads in France ….. so I may as well have my late afternoon nap

Don't even know what it is.

I googled - watched a tedious video about some micro adjustment calibration tweaking of sharpness

Of use if you have cameras and lenses that are compatible with the program - mainly Nikon Canon DSLRs (only ones mentioned)

I googled - watched a tedious video about some micro adjustment calibration tweaking of sharpness

Of use if you have cameras and lenses that are compatible with the program - mainly Nikon Canon DSLRs (only ones mentioned)

are there any others?

The app has lots of marvellous things in it, but I have just read that I will have to calibrate my 300mm f2.8 with the TC20lll attached from a distance of 15 mtres, (50 x the Focal length distance)

If its that critical then you should buy a laser measuring device to ensure you are not 15.1Metres away
Disto / Leica make them

If its that critical then you should buy a laser measuring device to ensure you are not 15.1Metres away
Disto / Leica make them

That's a good idea - seriously - never thought of it - I'll get one the Black and Decker ones are not expensive

Back