1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Showcase Jupiter 8

Discussion in 'Leica' started by Burkey, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Burkey

Burkey All-Pro

'Thought I might start a thread to highlight the various versions of the Jupiter 8 a number of us have been experimenting with mounted up on Leica bodies. This was a "grab shot" of my wife and our younger son "iPhone-ing" after breakfast this morning. Leica M-E, Jupiter 8 50mm f2, processed in LR "Classic" and Tonality.
    Please join in.
    . . . David
    Darlene and Dylan -
    M9 Digital Camera    Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 (II)    50mm    f/2.4    1/90s    ISO 500

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator

Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Burkey

Burkey All-Pro

Hey Brian, Thanks for posting and again thank you very much for helping me find my way through "Jupiter-land" before I bought one. ;-)
    . . .David

4. Burkey

Burkey All-Pro

Here are a couple of images I took this morning with the CL and Jupiter 8 50mm f2. It's a lens I had yet to try with the CL. The Jupiter 8 has "crazy" bokeh, very sharp and nice rendering character. Well worth the $49. price. :rolleyes: 
    'Thought I'd share them.
    . . . David
    Leica CL and Jupiter 8-2.
    LEICA CL    Unknown Lens       f/1.0    1/60s    ISO 800
    Leica CL and Jupiter 8.
    LEICA CL    Unknown Lens       f/1.0    1/60s    ISO 1250

• Like Like x 3
  5. Burkey

Burkey All-Pro

CL with Jupiter 8 50mm, processed from DNG in LR "Classic" and Silver Efex Pro 2. The Jupiter 8 performs very well on the "CL" especially if you are OK with bokeh with "character".
    . . . David
    Darlene - Jupiter 8_.
    LEICA CL    Unknown Lens       f/1.0    1/400s    ISO 100

• Like Like x 4
  6. "bokeh with character"!! Love that expression!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  7. donlaw

donlaw Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Always wanted to try a Jupiter 8. I have come close to bidding for one on eBay a couple of times. But so far have hesitated. Looks like a fun lens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator

Apr 3, 2013
    And a Jupiter-8M, originally Contax mount, set in a Canon 50/1.8 focus mount.

38569386382_142796d4f0_b. Jupiter-8M, Wide-Open by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

I did not do the conversion, could not buy the parts for the $50 that this one cost on Ebay.

• Like Like x 2
  9. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Cheshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    I used one on my Sony a6000 for a while - and on my Zorki 4. I prefer the Industar 61's handling and it's very close in terms of IQ (YMMV since there are so many different versions).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.