Showcase Jupiter 8

Discussion in 'Leica' started by Burkey, Jan 7, 2018.

1. 'Thought I might start a thread to highlight the various versions of the Jupiter 8 a number of us have been experimenting with mounted up on Leica bodies. This was a "grab shot" of my wife and our younger son "iPhone-ing" after breakfast this morning. Leica M-E, Jupiter 8 50mm f2, processed in LR "Classic" and Tonality.
    Please join in.
    . . . David
    Darlene and Dylan - "iPhones" (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator

Apr 3, 2013
    Looks good to me. I've found most J-8's to be quite good, KMZ quality is fairly consistent.

This KMZ J-8, later version- modified for 0.65m close-focus.

18545077791_cd5c005695_o.jpg L1016257 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  3. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator

Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Hey Brian, Thanks for posting and again thank you very much for helping me find my way through "Jupiter-land" before I bought one. ;-)
    . . .David

5. Here are a couple of images I took this morning with the CL and Jupiter 8 50mm f2. It's a lens I had yet to try with the CL. The Jupiter 8 has "crazy" bokeh, very sharp and nice rendering character. Well worth the $49. price. :rolleyes:
    'Thought I'd share them.
    . . . David
    Leica CL and Jupiter 8-2.jpg Leica CL and Jupiter 8.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. CL with Jupiter 8 50mm, processed from DNG in LR "Classic" and Silver Efex Pro 2. The Jupiter 8 performs very well on the "CL" especially if you are OK with bokeh with "character".
    . . . David
    Darlene - Jupiter 8_.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. "bokeh with character"!! Love that expression!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. donlaw

donlaw All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Always wanted to try a Jupiter 8. I have come close to bidding for one on eBay a couple of times. But so far have hesitated. Looks like a fun lens.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator

Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator

Apr 3, 2013
    And a Jupiter-8M, originally Contax mount, set in a Canon 50/1.8 focus mount.

38569386382_142796d4f0_b.jpg Jupiter-8M, Wide-Open by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

I did not do the conversion, could not buy the parts for the $50 that this one cost on Ebay.

• Like Like x 2
  11. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    I used one on my Sony a6000 for a while - and on my Zorki 4. I prefer the Industar 61's handling and it's very close in terms of IQ (YMMV since there are so many different versions).

12. BrianS

BrianS Super Moderator

Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 3