Fuji Jumpers on a Harvard Bridge

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
Oh, to be 20-something and stupid again. More for the story than for the photos...

Last night a friend and I went out shooting film, going up along the Charles River in Cambridge alongside Harvard. When we got to the pedestrian bridge, I heard a lot of laughing and carrying on, and said "I think they're jumping off." Sure enough, when I looked around the edge at the water, I saw heads bobbing. They were very friendly and didn't mind me chasing them around with the X100. Shot at ISO6400 so there's plenty-o-grain, but they were fidgety and moving so much that anything else meant a flash and/or blurring. Well, More blurring.

The John Weeks bridge... I heard laughter.
i47q.jpg

A swimmer emerged.
fog7.jpg

Posing for a cellphone pic.
vtk7.jpg

Leaning out.
er19.jpg

I loved the backlighting.
2gbo.jpg

Had to use a flash for the jump. Wasn't really strong enough.
lws0.jpg

Anywho... how often do you happen upon such a neat thing to get shots of? I should've gotten closer, they certainly didn't care.

Nice! I'm 20-something, but not jumping off bridges often enough (or at all) I'm afraid!

[that's not to say I'm not stupid, though, but I'll leave that for others to judge!]

Well get out there, strip down, and go for it. Nothing like cute girls in their underwear to get you motivated. Hell I almost had a National Lampoon's moment myself...

i6hv.jpg

"This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy..."

Just the built-in flash. I wish I'd had more. I've been wanting a speed light I can hold in one hand and shoot with the other, but none has magically appeared on my doorstep.

Back