Sony JJC RX100 filter adapter

I am looking at Magfilters on Amazon. They do not permanently attach to the camera. The ring adapter for the filter attaches with magnets that can be pulled off the lens. I will probably buy the 52 adapter ring but they do make a 55 and a 58. It might be interesting to find a hood that screws on and will not cause vignetting.

For the Magfilters there's still a part that is fixed onto the lens with adhesive. A much thinner part than the filter ring I've found but it's still there.
I just think the Magfilters are too expensive when I already have filters and just need a way to attach them.

For the Magfilters there's still a part that is fixed onto the lens with adhesive. A much thinner part than the filter ring I've found but it's still there.
I just think the Magfilters are too expensive when I already have filters and just need a way to attach them.

There's some price difference (USD $30 or so for the MagFilter setup vs $13 for the JJC), but you aren't limited to the filters Carryspeed sells- the MagFilter I bought just allows me to screw on any 52mm filter.

For illustration, the bit left on the camera:
carryspeed1.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to note that they include two of the stick-on metal rings. I plan on using mine on another camera, so that I can use the same MagFilter w/ a CPL, ND, etc on multiple compacts.

That's quite neat. Has anyone found the Magfilter solution for sale inside the EU? $30 isn't too steep, but if I have to pay $30 + 25% import tax + $40 handling fee by the post office it starts getting ridiculous.

Back