Pentax I've joined the Q

Briar

Hall of Famer
I ordered a little white pentax Q for my mum the other day, knew she'd like it. It was small, cute, white and significantly cheaper than when it was launched, so a bargain. My mum loves a bargain! She asked if I could get it delivered to my house, that I could open it and have a play so I could then teach her how to use it. It arrived yesterday, with the 8.5mm lens. Darn, it is cute! I took a couple of shots. Before I knew it, I had developed those puppy dog eyes and couldn't control them from seeking out my husband's heartstrings, helpless! A couple of glasses of wine later, I now have a little black Q heading in my direction!

The prices of he Q have drastically dropped.
I purchased the two different kit lens versions for 150 euros each !
It's a real fun camera to use, and the IQ on the small sensor that it has is pretty amazing.
Enjoy your Q :D

Thanks! I ordered the original black Q with the 01 prime. My mum was using her one today, she loves it. Knew she would. I just loaded her image files onto the ipad and I have to say, they are looking good. Can't wait till my wee Q arrives.

Could y'all start a Q image thread?

Any comments on this vs an RX100?

I don't own an RX100 but I've played with one for a while. You have to remember that the Q has a 1/2.3 sensor and the RX100 has that big (by comparison) 1-inch sensor. Still, the Q puts out images that no sensor that size had a right to only two or three years ago. The Q BSI sensor is excellent for its size and the Q's optics are superb (and fast). The Q will give you image quality on par with something like the Canon G12 or Nikon P7100 - with both those cameras operating at maximum aperture. But where those other cameras (and even the RX100) quickly move to smaller apertures as one zooms out, the Q's native lenses remain fast - meaning you can stay at lower ISO settings.

Back