It's The Law!....French Dogs are Not Allowed to Walk!

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
It would seem that here in "La Belle France" doggies are not allowed to walk. they have to be carried. I suspect; though, that they do, because ordure is everywhere....on the pavement, in the gutter. Doggie Bags of the poo variety obviously have low sales here because I have never ever seen one used. It is a shame that a country which has such wonderful food & wine, that has produced great philosophers & composers & artists seems incapable of clearing up such a mess.

33262032833_b4448dfbf8_c.jpg
Menage a Trois, Honfleur
by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

33917079782_8f5bf26fb2_c.jpg
Doggie Lurves eez Pappa

33944002771_ae8700f1d0_c.jpg
Basket Case.......WOOF!

33884504071_eddf42535d_c.jpg
St Malo Pooch, Candid

33543826510_4635f24980_c.jpg
Cafe & Dog Culture, Dinan France

I'm a strong believer that dogs make the world a better place.

But there are a few small "inconveniences" that come with the honor of sharing your life with one of the greatest animals on the planet. They don't use our elaborate modern bathroom/sewer system.

Pick up your poop, or I will feed it to you (and yes, I have said that to a person I watched walk away from his dog without picking it up....of course he was quite a bit smaller than me, but still......geez....it's just not that hard)

I hasten to say, I am not anti dog, just anti social dog owners. I can go goo-goo-eyed over a cute puppy and all that malarky.....but I would never own one. Too much of a tie for the ever fragrant Mrs T and myself.

Back