Film It's all starting to go horribly wrong ...

You tell them brother! Hey hows the YashicaMat going ;) Once you got it, I think it's time for our next "Single In" challenge.....with film!!! :dance:

I'm still waiting for a reversal of fortunes before diving into the world of film. Business was apparently successful last year (though I don't have anymore money than normal) so I owe Uncle Sam a few thousand.....that has kinda wrecked my my camera budget (and then some). But I've been wicked busy on eBay selling off tons of rare records trying to build up the war chest again. Maybe by summer I'll be able to dump a few hundred down a hole so I can take worse photos.

I just got back from a couple of Sunday morning markets ("Car Boot" sales to us in the UK, but probably "table top sales" in the US) ... one guy had a box full of empty FED and Zorki cases ... I asked him whether he had the cameras to go with them, only to be told that he'd sold 5 earlier in the day, complete with lenses, to a lady who wanted to use them as part of a window display of "retro" homewares ... I think he sold them for £4 apiece ... I think this is a message from the Universe that I am not supposed to have a 50mm lens on my Bessa ...

I was at an antique store buying some records from the owners personal collection and they had a massive window display of old cameras......They were $10 each.....they were all so cool looking that I couldn't decide on one to buy so I left them all there. It was before I got really into photography, but I'm pretty sure they were all dead format cameras and value-less except as knick-knacks, but they were lovely anyways.

Back