ipad air

ReD

Hall of Famer
I've been given an ipad Air - trouble is I'm a living anachronism that don't do mobile phones or texts so the technology & terminology is a bit out of reach - think next room or even the other side of the street.

I've got as far as plonking a playlist on but as far as photos go I'm getting confused

I've made 3 photo albums Portraits Landscape & Specials
these are in different sub folders on my pc but when I load up only the last album loaded / synced shows

On top of that all photos are not arranged in the sequence I'd like

I guess I need to get an Ap - any recommendations ? Free is best for my peace of mind.

I have i everything and this is one area of the apple way of doing things that really annoys me !!! It's not simple. It's not straightforward . Why on earth can't we just treat it as an external drive and create folders for photos that sit alongside the app icons.
I don't find the present system at all user friendly . If it wasn't for the investment I have in apps I might jump iPad ship.

Red

do you use an apple Mac as your main computer?

possibly not?

but even so doesn't iTunes work the same on the PC as the Mac?

Bill - No just a PC with this ipad

my problem is likely i tunes

Do you organise your your photos on ipad into sets / albums in the right order ? if so how.
I thought a simple transfer of a folder from pc would work - but no.

Bill - No just a PC with this ipad

my problem is likely i tunes

Do you organise your your photos on ipad into sets / albums in the right order ? if so how.
I thought a simple transfer of a folder from pc would work - but no.

I'm not an expert and I use a Mac - but when I transfer stuff for my wife, she has an iPad - I create folders on the desktop and copy the images I want into those named folders - I usually save them, (the images) from LR as max 800 x 800 jpegs and under 250k file size

Then I use the sync function to copy, (and later sync), stuff to the iPad - not sure I can remember how to do it without the iPad to hand - but I look later in the day and post.

I tunes is confusing but I am sure that you can get an simple $5 app to do the above - I have one which I use to transfer images onto my Nexus 7 from my Mac - i.e. Mac to PC ………. so there should be one …. PC to Mac

As indicated above I found it important to keep the pixel size lowish and the file size low and to "prep" the files as much as possible on the main computer before making the transfer - even if you have to transfer them from the iPad first …. if taken by the iPad or copied on the iPad thru email or why.

Back