Sony Images for Don!!

Name
Andy
I know you are waiting for your 16mm for your NEX 5 and as i have just got mine i thought i would wet your appetite for some 16mm goodness!!!!

You can blame BB for this! :D

1: Straight from Camera, RAW and No processing at all just a small bit of cropping.
NEX5_16mmf2_8_Test01_1024pix.jpg

2: Processed in Silver efex Pro with added film grain.
View attachment 33279

Don, you certainly had a good day. I think you have melded with this combination of NEX and 16mm.

My first reactions to these were on Flickr and I just said "Wow!". And then, of course, I had to write more. Excellent day, for you - and us, Don!

@Ghost - I must have missed something at a thread somewhere. Didn't you return the NEX5 for an EPL2?

Keep up Armanius :laugh1:

This is my 2nd NEX 5!! I bought another as i really wanted that wonderful APS-C Sensor in my life. The 16mm lens from the 1st camera was not great and i think this new one is better but need to test more.

Don, All i can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! Superb images there. I especially love the pillar and hole in the ground, just awesome!!!! Desperate to take mine out to town now!

The 16mm lens from the 1st camera was not great and i think this new one is better but need to test more.
Don't test, just shoot! If its a bad one, it'll become apparent soon enough, like your first one did. As you could see (and so could those of us who saw what you posted) that lens was pretty bad throughout, not just a little soft in the corners. If you test, you're gonna find all of the little flaws inherent in any lens and you might even start to obsess over them. DON'T DO IT!!! Just shoot photos and you won't see the softness in the corners wide open (that only really becomes apparent when you do something silly like take photos of a brick wall!) - you'll just get a feel for the overall quality and it will almost certainly be good! And on the off-chance its not, you'll know pretty darn quickly...

-Ray

Don't test, just shoot! If its a bad one, it'll become apparent soon enough, like your first one did. As you could see (and so could those of us who saw what you posted) that lens was pretty bad throughout, not just a little soft in the corners. If you test, you're gonna find all of the little flaws inherent in any lens and you might even start to obsess over them. DON'T DO IT!!! Just shoot photos and you won't see the softness in the corners wide open (that only really becomes apparent when you do something silly like take photos of a brick wall!) - you'll just get a feel for the overall quality and it will almost certainly be good! And on the off-chance its not, you'll know pretty darn quickly...

-Ray

Cheers

My new lens certainly isn't bad at all and it will stay with me. Watch out for lots of images from the NEX in the future!:)

Back