If money was no object?

*banishes Chris2500dk from Eliotopia and steals his foveon idea*
i will be deaf to pleading and excuses
nor tears, nor prayers shall purchase out abuses
therefore use none
let chris2500dk hence in haste, else, when he is found, that hour is his last! chris2500dk is BANISH-ED!

you have to read that in Vondie Curtis-Hall's voice, ala Baz Luhrman edition of R&J!

on with the announcement from our lord chancellour supreme, Eliot...

"oh yeah and itll be a foveon styled sensor ;D"

hehehehheeh

I bought the FE 35MM f/2.8, you call it mediocre, I will one up you, that lens SUCKS. the 35mm on the RX1 kicks it to the curb.... If you love the 35mm focal length, the RX1R is the way to go.... the 55mm FE f/1.8 is stellar and reminds me of the 35mm Zeiss found on the Rx1......

I'm so glad to hear that from another FE 35 user... I thought it was only me. I just find it amazing that one lens can be stellar and the other a piece of crap. Mind you, please don't quote me when I put it on ebay.

LouisB

I

And of course if money was no object I'd have flats in Paris and Positano and Hong Kong and Rio and New York or I'd just be travelling all the time. And maybe I'd hire a Sherpa to haul my gear... The key point is I'd be shooting ALL the time and would never get bored with shooting the same old stuff... :D

-Ray

Funny thing is I think other than owning all of those flats, I am already doing this. Not wanting a Leica, I have all of these other cameras and Sherpas, too but they are not cheap. So for me it would be owning that house in LA, Vancouver, Italy, New Zealand,Japan ,and a Bombardier Global 6000 to get around to each home.

All kidding aside money no object I would love to own and use a Fuji 6X17 or Linhof Technorama 617 digital camera

Didn't we have a similar thread a while back?

Currently, I have a Leica M9 and a slew of lenses, which do more or less what I want. I also have a load of compacts and ILC bodies like the GH3, GM1, Oly EM-5, Ricoh GR, Fuji X100 and lots more. If money wasn't an issue, I'd get a new M-P, which is the M240 with no red dot and sapphire glass on the LCD. But really, I don't have a lot of photographic gear wants beyond what I already have. Anything else would be a fun toy and not a big step up from what I currently own. Maybe a Sony A7S with an Atomos Shogun offboard recorder when that becomes available.

Funny thing is I think other than owning all of those flats, I am already doing this. Not wanting a Leica, I have all of these other cameras and Sherpas, too but they are not cheap. So for me it would be owning that house in LA, Vancouver, Italy, New Zealand,Japan ,and a Bombardier Global 6000 to get around to each home.

All kidding aside money no object I would love to own and use a Fuji 6X17 or Linhof Technorama 617 digital camera

Yeah, but when you get to each of those places with all of those Sherpas and all of that gear, then you have to WORK! That would not happen in my fantasy... Actually, I wouldn't own flats either - wouldn't want the responsibility. With that kind of money I'd just rent nice places for a month or two at a time in all of the great locations in the world. Because this is gonna HAPPEN! Yeah, maybe next year... :cool:

Actually, I've got way less than no complaints. I've done a month each in New York and the Amalfi Coast (staying in cheap little flats, but location, location, location) and will no doubt do a month someplace else sometime in the next couple of years. And I really wouldn't want MORE cameras than I have now. I wouldn't mind adding a D810 and some of the expensive Nikon glass for it, but then I really WOULD need a Sherpa, so I'm fine without any of that stuff...

-Ray

Back