Ideas for Contentious Threads

Ah. The Decision still bothers you!
I follow the NBA via the ESPN app and i've seen multiple posts about Jordan and James.
Thought it was always funny to compare players of different eras who never played against each other.

Oeps, now we're debating.

I'm from Northern Ohio, so LeBron will have to beg forgiveness on a bed of nails to reclaim himself. Besides, I went to the high school that StV/StM was rebuilt from, and we had 4 NBA'ers plus one guy who didn't make the NBA but was better than LeBron.

Uwe Boll vs The Asylum (b-grade movie fans will know what I'm talking about)

Rolex vs Timex (My Timex is 100 times cheaper and stronger than some overpriced mechanical thingummajizzle blah blah blah)

Every camera brand vs Leica (Leica digital rangefinders are outdated, overpriced, limited in flexibility and yada yada yada)

Camera vs Photographer ('This camera is poorly designed' vs 'if you were a good photographer, you could use any camera')

Ah. The Decision still bothers you! I follow the NBA via the ESPN app and i've seen multiple posts about Jordan and James. Thought it was always funny to compare players of different eras who never played against each other. Oeps, now we're debating.

Wilt Chamberlain has (or had recently) 80 percent of the individual scoring records of the NBA nearly 40 years after retirement. It was said by Bill Russell himself that if Wilt decided that you wouldn't score, you wouldn't score. Wilt could press 400 lbs and run the 440 yards in 47 seconds. He never fouled out of a game. He's the only player to get double-triple-doubles. 20+20+20. When Wilt arrived in the NBA, there was a scramble to rewrite many of the rules around him, since nobody like him ever played before. If Wilt were up against LeBron or Mike, he would trounce them in a one-on-one. He was much stronger and faster, and Wilt played with the Harlem Globetrotters.

There's a photo on the Web showing Wilt challenging Ali to a boxing match, which Ali turned down. Ali looks very small compared to Wilt, and don't forget - Wilt was very, very fast, and never got tired. But the writers hated him for the most part, I suppose because they thought he was too big on himself, ego-wise.

While not an original argument like Pepsi vs Coca Cola
All of the above suggestions pale to one of the best and enduring vs on the internets...

Alien vs Predator

I've always sided with Alien.

Back