Leica Ice on the Charles River (Boston)

Raid

All-Pro
I love using my two M4/3 cameras with some SLR lenses. Here, I used the Zeiss Planar 50/1.4 in QMB mount (designed for the Rollei SLR system).

Link at smugmug: Zeiss Planar 50/1.4QBM E-PL1 (M 4/3) - raid

Boston (from the 26th floor)

PLNR_EPL1--6-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PLNR_EPL1--8-XL.jpg

PLNR_EPL1--7-XL.jpg

PLNR_EPL1--10-XL.jpg

PLNR_EPL1--15-XL.jpg

PLNR_EPL1--11-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was cold. I tried shooting through the window glass and also shooting without obstacles by opening the window slightly. My family would then ask me to close the window since it was ice cold.

Fuzzy after dark

PLNR_EPL1--35-XL.jpg

PLNR_EPL1--36-XL.jpg

PLNR_EPL1--38-XL.jpg

PLNR_EPL1--39-XL.jpg

I can hear the girls screaming that it's COLD-

SO- who goes to Boston in the Winter, leaving Pensacola???? Reverse Snow-Bird...

Fun shots Raid. m43 is so great for travel. If you flew, did you take way too many cloud shots? That's my weakness, especially at dawn or dusk. Every once in a while, one of those actually turns out ...

Fun shots Raid. m43 is so great for travel. If you flew, did you take way too many cloud shots? That's my weakness, especially at dawn or dusk. Every once in a while, one of those actually turns out ...
Hi Carl,

I stopped taking photos from airplanes many years ago. Once, as we were landing in South Korea, I was asked by several flight attendants not to take any photos.

Thanks. I took good care in minimizing the glare in the window glass from lights in the room, and I got some good photos by opening the widows slightly and shooting through the open window.
Very nice shots! It sometimes proves to be a pain to get detailed shots in the city, you did these quiet well. Really like the first one :)

Great to see that vista, Raid. My last year in college, i had a dormitory room on the fifth floor overlooking the Charles River. I didn't photograph from up there, which I should have. Your shots bring back nice memories.

Back