Leica I think it's time for a Leica T forum.

JonVdG

Regular
Name
Jon
Especially since it now seems that Leica is committed to the T bodies, I think it would be helpful if we could have a dedicated T forum. Yes, the T body shares the same mount as the S body, but just about everything else is different. I already have a couple questions for T owners that I would like to post here. Thanks for considering this.

Even if no sub-forum, do post your questions. We'll do our best.

The T is more than capable of producing gorgeous images. The original T sensor matches wonderfully to system lenses, I've no doubt the T2 sensor does the same.

Call me an old fuddy-dud. I really wish Leica'd make a T-family camera with the X-Vario controls and body-style, with built-in EVF. Since the lenses don't have aperture rings, build an aperture ring control into a ring-style lens mount.

Regardless, the T cameras are easy to figure out and customize. If you love modern sensibility with superb results, the T is definitely a camera for you.

Thank you moderators and administrator! Much appreciated. I think this forum will be of benefit to current and future T / TL users. I'll post my questions in a new thread shortly.

Even if no sub-forum, do post your questions. We'll do our best.

The T is more than capable of producing gorgeous images. The original T sensor matches wonderfully to system lenses, I've no doubt the T2 sensor does the same.

Call me an old fuddy-dud. I really wish Leica'd make a T-family camera with the X-Vario controls and body-style, with built-in EVF. Since the lenses don't have aperture rings, build an aperture ring control into a ring-style lens mount.

Regardless, the T cameras are easy to figure out and customize. If you love modern sensibility with superb results, the T is definitely a camera for you.
I know my question is going to be unprofessional, but I still want to know what x-vario is.

Hi Leia,

The X-Vario was a Leica camera that shares the same image sensor as the Leica T. The T came out perhaps a year after the X-Vario, and the X-Vario has not been updated since then.

The X-Vario has a body style close to that of Leica's M rangefinder cameras. Its controls are very similar to those of the digital Leica M cameras, which I find to be very intuitive to use. They're very well thought-through, and as such need very little customization for what I need from a camera.

Others will appreciate the touch-screen controls of the T cameras, because the user can set them up almost any way that they want. Especially if you have a shooting approach that's not standard, the T can really be setup for that.

I'm saying "I'm an old fuddy-dud" because although there's much to applaud about the T camera's controls, I still like the old-style real buttons on the X-Vario and Leica M cameras better.

Let's see if I can link to a pic of the X-Vario ...

9106373272_8d98fd9026.jpg

Leica X Vario by GF6 #1
by Wolfgang Spekner, on Flickr

Here is one of my most recent shots with the X-Vario:

37508430850_aa8f8c9bb8_b.jpg

Moundsview Blvd view SE
by Carl B, on Flickr

Back