I can see myself 3D printing my own cameras in the future

Yeah I read through this morning - ingenious & full marks for doing it
Hell of a thing to learn how to do.
but on the other hand it all seems a bit of wasted effort
I have the same S3 camera - almost identical in size to the FujiX10 which I think is more ergonomic for digital

I would have been tempted to try & mount the S3 lens on the Sony or another camera with greater rewards that way I think

there was a guy last year looking to kickstart SLR digital conversion kits limitations being the sensor size

Yeah I read through this morning - ingenious & full marks for doing it
Hell of a thing to learn how to do.
but on the other hand it all seems a bit of wasted effort
I have the same S3 camera - almost identical in size to the FujiX10 which I think is more ergonomic for digital

I would have been tempted to try & mount the S3 lens on the Sony or another camera with greater rewards that way I think

there was a guy last year looking to kickstart SLR digital conversion kits limitations being the sensor size

But think of all the fun to be had in the process.

I'd actually like to see Sony sell just the camera guts someday. So that people would be able to 3D print their own bodies that best suit their handling etc. Maybe even interchangable mounts, don't like the E-mount, well screw on on a Fuji mount instead. Don't like the LCD display, change it. Something like the Tesla Model S flat battery chasis on which one can build any car one wants. "The internet of things" is coming. And I am quite excited about it.

Back