How's weather at your place?

Not quite freezing yet but the north wind is picking up (and on this side of the globe that's not a good thing!)
At least the clouds have mostly been blown away now.
upload_2017-1-11_13-45-48.png

Yesterday we had 4 inches of light snow to enhance the morning rush hour. This morning only a couple of inches to make the trip slow and relaxing. Oh, the joy of not having to do rush hour anymore. But, we have warmed to 5 degrees above zero F.

Warm for January (almost 70F), but very cloudy and windy. Temperature is supposed to dive this evening, and a cold persistent rain settle in tonight and tomorrow. I plan to be out photographing waterfalls in the rain this weekend. :D

After headline news it's actually snowing here after chucking with heavy rain all day. They are promising a big freeze overnight in which case I shall not be venturing on the roads tomorrow.

We must be getting much of the same systems. That pretty much mirrors our weather.
I'm only about 60 miles east of WV (Lexington) and I often see you weather literally moving here from the west.:) One of my favorite motorcycle rides is to follow Rt 39 out to Marlington. Lots of beautiful country in our area.

Lots of beautiful country in our area.
Agreed! My wife and I lived in Charlottesville for about 2 1/2 years in the mid 80s. Nice, nice town, but even back then it was rather expensive to live there. We used to drive I-64 to Charleston and back on a regular basis, and I remember the gorgeous scenery crossing the mountains between White Sulphur Springs and Lexington. We used to exit onto Lee Highway and enjoy the scenery through Stuart's Draft up to Waynesboro. Lovely country down there.

19ºC at the moment, and promising to get to 39ºC. It feels hot and humid outside... we shall see where it goes. I better go give the grass and trees a drink.

[edit]. Made it to 41 a couple of hours ago, and its not letting up. 5.15pm you'd think it would get cooler. Nope.

Last edited:
Back