Pentax How do you like your Pentax K-5? And please show us some of your photos!

Here's something a little different - perhaps this should be in black and white?
Anyway - it was taken with the 60-250:

Polish Ponies on Redgrave Fen

Jono......I love this picture as it is....but would also be curious to see it in a B+W, duotone.....or just simply de-saturated greens.

It's really a great shot.

R

Here are some wildlife snaps from this weekend:

First a bee: (100 wr)

_K542927.jpg

Then a fly - these are horrid flies, but as this one let me take it's picture . . . I didn't squash it! (100 wr)

_K542982.jpg

Here is a noble cat - she will keep getting into boxes, and these days she thinks that she is a little slimmer than reality: (60-250

_K542881.jpg

We have a goldfinch nesting in the vine outside our bedroom window - here she is, shot through the glass so as not to disturb her: (60-250)

_K542877.jpg

A Roe deer I disturbed on the my walks: (100 WR)

_K542935.jpg

Finally, a mysterious white spider protecting his buttercup (100 WR)

_K542976.jpg

K5 - 35mm 2.8 Macro Limited

I now have the silver K5 Limited and I've found a slight difference between it and the black K5. The focus is better, I haven't had to micro adjust the AF yet. It feels a bit more solid and the focus motor seems a tad faster and more definite (not very scientific I know!) On the other hand, it's frozen a couple of times and I've had to remove the battery to fix it. It seems you can't have everything! I'm trying to decide what to do with the black K5 now. I've only had it a couple of months and trade in would lose me about £300:eek:

IMGP0492.jpg

IMGP0499.jpg

Hi There
I was in exactly the same position as you . . . after much grumbling I sold my black one to David Lawson (lovely guy)
I don't think the focusing is faster . . . I have less focus adjustment on mine as well, but I suspect it's more to do with being more relaxed with the camera then anything else - same goes for the focus speed. Mine froze for the first time yesterday - most odd, but almost every camera I've had has frozen on one occasion or another.
I do like the look of the silver though (even though I don't have any silver lenses).

Lovely flower shots by the way - yesterday's rain makes everything look even better (I can see this out of the office window:crying:)

Hello Jono, I spent a fruitless hour on the phone a few weeks ago and came to the realization that Pentax FA43 and FA77 lenses are not available in the UK any more in silver. No Pentax Pro dealer had any old stock either so I settled for buying the black ones quite a bit cheaper at B & H on my trip to NY. The DA lenses do look very nice in silver though so perhaps I'll buy one of them when I've sold something!

I am really liking the FA77 as a "premier" portrait lens. There is something really wonderful in how it renders....not bitingly sharp, not soft....not contrasty or prone to flare. And it's certainly a lot cheaper than the 85L I just recently sold :)

Here are a few from Sunday.

Mr. Inquisitive

p465308440-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

He took away my iPhone....

p503789812-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R

Hello Jono, I spent a fruitless hour on the phone a few weeks ago and came to the realization that Pentax FA43 and FA77 lenses are not available in the UK any more in silver. No Pentax Pro dealer had any old stock either so I settled for buying the black ones quite a bit cheaper at B & H on my trip to NY. The DA lenses do look very nice in silver though so perhaps I'll buy one of them when I've sold something!

HI Christine
They really are a lot more expensive in the UK aren't they! Currently the only primes I have are the 35 macro, and the 100 WR macro - both of which are fine lenses. I suspect that I might do better with the little DA lenses the combination of the 21 and the 70 is a tantalising proposition!
all the best

HI there
Here are one or two from this morning:

_K543172.jpg

(taken with the 100 WR)

_K543137.jpg

(taken with the 18-135 at 135)

Emma's currants looking like gooseberries
_K543149.jpg

(taken with the 100 WR)

Simple this one - but I like it
_K543145.jpg

(taken with the 100 WR)

Here are a couple of flower shots for Christine:
Taken on my early morning walk in a wet world!
_K543119.jpg

(taken with the 18-135 at 135 )

_K543090.jpg

(taken with the 100 WR)

Gorgeous pics. I find I'm lost without a macro lens :) I envy you your "back garden", mine is just a 50' x 50' in suburban Surrey!

How can I console you? By telling you that almost every inch of my legs has either a mosquito bite or a sting from a stinging nettle? That mowing the lawn is a pain in the backside? Tell me what to say to make it better!

I'm also lost without a macro lens, and the 100 WR, although it's noisy and can be irritating, really does come up with the results

all the best

Video and pictures from K-5

<iframe src="
" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

A video with some stills inserted. All shot with the Pentax K-5 plus 15mm f/4 lens earlier this year.

We went to a Rural Passtimes do on Sunday at Euston. We had friends with us, and there really wasn't much scope for photgraphy, added to which it was raining all afternoon . . . . but I didn't lose any shots from missed focus - the K5 did a grand job, and in the low wet light the camera was lovely to use, fast, quiet, efficient.

I took lots of snaps, but here are four:

_K543411.jpg

_K543403.jpg

_K543375.jpg

_K543373.jpg

. . . . Then, a few minutes later, with the same lens, you can take these:

_K543370.jpg

_K543362.jpg

_K543368.jpg

Of course, we all know that the right answer is an IQ 180 and a tripod with fantastic lenses . . . . but I'm loving the fact that a K5 with a 5 times zoom is getting interesting shots time after time without getting in the way

Very nice portrait Armando, good colours and then that lovely bokeh :) This seems like a really nice lens. Are you happy with it?

Thanks Christina!

I really like the rendering that it gives. The bokeh is indeed very nice! But the AF is still not always accurate, and I still can't pipoint if there's any particular lighting condition that's causing the AF to be inaccurate. And for a SDM lens, the AF is slow!!!

Back