How do people like Kodak TMax 100?

Discussion in 'Film Cameras' started by Cerita, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Cerita

Cerita Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    I keep hearing about Kodak's offerings of BW films, and I have been wondering about trying Tmax 100 (I like slower speed films). Any thoughts?

2. Jim

Jim Regular

Sep 4, 2013
    James Olivari
    I have always liked the fine grain it offers. Different from HP5+, it's worth a look.

3. Cerita

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    Thanks Jim. Yes, fine grain, me too. I just got two rolls of it and the Ilford FP4 125.

4. Jim

Jim Regular

Sep 4, 2013
    James Olivari
    In looking through my notes from a few decades ago, I found my best results came from using T-Max developer rather than D-76 or HC110; just my $0.02 worth....

5. Cerita

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    Good to note. I haven't had the courage to develop my own film as yet, maybe someday.

6. Jim

Jim Regular

Sep 4, 2013
    James Olivari
    It's not too hard. B&W only takes a changing bag, a tank, a stopwatch, and some chemistry. You do need to carefully follow time and temperature directions - at least until you get consistent results. Then you can experiment. You will also need a place to dry film that is dust free. Showers work well using some clothespins and a short line. Check out www.digitaltruth.com for ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.